The automatic session timeout is an important feature that ensures security and efficiency in Spaces. In this article, you will find out why it is used and how you can deactivate it.
The Automatic Session Timeout is a feature commonly used in many online applications and platforms to enhance security and efficiently manage resources. It plays a significant role in Space Viewers, where users explore interactive 3D environments.
Why Is There an Automatic Session Timeout?
Imagine you've created a virtual exhibition space, and visitors can navigate through it using a Space Viewer. The automatic timeout ensures that the session ends after 2 hours of inactivity, providing several benefits:
- Security: It protects against unauthorized access if a user forgets to log out.
- Resource Conservation: Unused sessions consume server capacity and bandwidth. The timeout helps to release these resources.
- Better Control: As a client, you can better track how actively your space is being used.
How to Disable the Automatic Session Timeout?
If you want to disable the Automatic Session Timeout in your Space Viewer, it can be done with just a few clicks. Here's a simple guide on how to do it:
- Go to the Settings of your Space Viewer.
- Find the General tab and look for the option for Automatic Session Timeout.
- By default, this function is activated with the setting On.
- To turn it off, select the Off setting from the dropdown menu.
- Once you've made the change, a confirmation will automatically appear, indicating that the new setting has been saved.
This change allows users to remain in your space without time constraints, providing an uninterrupted and deeper experience. Use this feature wisely to ensure the best possible balance between user experience and security standards.
Keep in mind that changing this setting may affect the user experience and the performance of your Space Viewer. It is advisable to use this function judiciously and regularly check whether the settings still match the current needs.