Every rooomEvents user has an account. In this article you will learn how to create and manage user accounts.
User accounts are automatically created when registering in the frontend. The user accounts are linked to the virtual business cards. Convention managers can create user accounts manually in the backend and configure various settings.
Creating user accounts
Please be very accurate when creating user accounts manually.
1. Select the convention to create the account for.
2. Go to Participants -> User accounts and click on the Create Account button.
3. To create the account, you need the name and e-mail address of the person.
WATCH OUT! For each e-mail address only one user account can be created. Please note that the e-mail address cannot be changed afterwards. Each e-mail address can only be assigned once.
You can also set a password (optional). If you do not specify a password, the user can set it himself using the "Forgot password" function.
4. Click Save to create the user account.
Tip: Instead of creating user accounts manually, you can also import users.
Maintaining user accounts
After a user account has been created, you can find it under the menu item User accounts. There you will also find a search function. You can make further settings via Edit:
- Change password
- Timezone: time zone assigned to the user account
- Time Format: display format of the times (e.g. for the agenda)
- Language: primary language of the user
- Roll: definition of the user role
- Events:Here you can assign the user account to one or more convention(s). The permissions of the user role only apply to assigned conventions.
- Sort: Speaker profiles can be sorted for display on the speaker overview.
The Profile tab can be used to manage the data that will be displayed on the user's virtual business card (profile picture, contact details, etc.). The user is also able to edit these in his networking profile (frontend).
- Direct Chat: Here it is possible to define whether the chat button on the business card is linked to the company chat or the private chat.
- Business card visible in overview: Here you can define if the business card is shown in the networking overview and the exhibitor profile.
Don't forget to save your settings.