The rooom 3D Product Viewer is available as a plugin for WooCommerce stores. In this article you will learn how to integrate a 3D product into your e-commerce store.
If you host an web shop with WooCommerce (the e-commerce application of WordPress), you can easily use our free plugin to integrate 3D models on your product pages.
How to install the plugin
1. Search for "rooom 3D Product Viewer" under Plugins.
2. Install and activate the plugin.
3. You will now find the 3D Product Viewer under the menu item WooCommerce.
Here you can make global settings for the integration of 3D models. These will then be applied to all 3D models in your store.
- Autospin: Rotation of the object
- Autostart: Start of the 3D view without having to click on the play button first
- Start AR: Augmented Reality mode is activated automatically
- Background color and transparency
- Mirroring floor
- Enable/disable animations (if available)
- Display of annotations
- AR settings
- Camera zoom
- UI elements (e.g. buttons)
How to integrate a 3D product
After the successful installation of the plugin, you can directly start embedding the 3D models on your product pages.
1. Select the product page you want to integrate a 3D model on under the menu item Products and click on Edit.
2. Scroll down to the product data. There you will find the item rooom 3D Product Viewer.
1 - Activate 3D viewer
2 - Viewer ID: Here you enter the last part of the URL of the 3D Product Viewer (e.g.:
You can get the URL in the rooom dashboard via the share button:
3 - Customize background color (enter HEX format value)
4 - Insert URL to a media file that will be displayed during the loading process (default: rooom logo)
5 - Activate skybox (puts the product in a transparent box with shade)
6 - Activate transparent background
7 - Activate mirror effect under the object
The settings you make here will overwrite the global settings for the individual object.
3. Under Preview you can test the appearance of the 3D view before publishing. The embedded 3D Product Viewer will be visible in the product image gallery.
Watch out: You need to upload at least one other product image for the 3D Viewer to appear in the gallery!