The Space Editor V2 is currently in the beta phase. Click here to learn how you can beta test the new Space Editor.
The Space Editor V2 is an optimized editor for the management of 3D Spaces. In this article you will learn the basics of using the new Space Editor.
Controls & Editing Objects
In the Space Editor you can move through the space in the same way as in the Space Viewer in the first person view. Use your mouse and the arrow keys on your keyboard (instructions here).
Individual objects can be selected and edited by double-clicking on them. (In contrast to V1, you no longer have to activate or deactivate an edit mode for the entire Space).
You can also open the object list and click the desired object to activate editing.
Once you have selected an object, you can use the quick access icons (1) on the selected object or the object menu (2) in the right sidebar to edit it.
In the object menu on the right you will find all options for editing the selected object:
- Add images to displas (screens, canvas, etc.)
- Customize material and color
- Add links and tooltips
- Add interaction options
You can stop editing the object by clicking the Close button. This deselects the object and closes the right sidebar and the quick access icons on the object.
Basic functions like delete, duplicate, lock, show/hide are available via the object list or the quick access icons at the selected object.
Overview of the left menu bar
8. Dark/Light Mode: You can use the Space Editor in Dark or Light mode.
9. Undo last action
10. Redo last action
11. Screenshot: A screenshot of the current view (without menu bars) is created and downloaded.
12. Back to Dashboard: Exit Space Editor.
13. Counter/Indicator: Here you can see the number of 3D objects, polygons and textures within your room. These can affect the loading time. A warning will appear here for critical objects.
Open the 3D object library
Via the [+] in the bottom right corner you can access our 3D object library. Depending on the package you have booked, you can choose objects like furniture or decoration from different categories and place them in your room.
If you already created your own 3D model, you can also find it via the 3D Object Library in the 3D Uploads category. Under 2D Uploads you can find your uploaded 2D objects (such as 2D avatars or product photos).