Click here to learn how you can use the new Space Editor.
Videos make your 3D space more vibrant. In this article you will learn how to integrate videos into your space.
There are two different ways to add a video to your space:
- Embedding via the link option (provide URL)
(The video will be presented as soon as the user clicks on the respective object.)
- Upload via the media library (provide MP4)
(The video will run automatically on the selected display. The sound is activated only by clicking on the video.)
Embedding via the link option
You can add modal links to objects that will open in a pop-up window directly in the space. This also allows you to embed a video from an external hosting provider, such as YouTube or Vimeo, in your space:
- Select the object you want the video to be linked to (e.g. a monitor or tablet) by double-clicking on it.
Important: Copy the embed link of your video (the link from the embed code of the video you want to use). This URL usually looks like this:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/TRGS-7Gitis or https://player.vimeo.com/video/438911304
- Paste the URL in the field Weblink.
- Check the Show content in modal box to have your video open in a pop-up window within your space.
Upload preview image
It is helpful to upload a thumbnail image that will be displayed on the monitor or tablet before it is clicked. We recommend using a graphic with a play button, so that visitors can directly notice that there is a video:
- Go to the object menu on the right side and select the Image option under Displays.
- Now upload your preview image or choose one from your library.
Direct video upload
You can also upload a video file (.mp4 or .ovg) directly to the selected object. In this case the video will be played in a loop directly on the display. The sound of the video will be activated only after clicking on the video.
- Select the object you want the video to be presented (e.g. a monitor or tablet) by double-clicking on it.
- Go to the object menu on the right side and select the Video option under Displays.
- Now upload your video in .mp4 or .ogv format, or choose a file from your library.
To improve the performance of your space, we recommend to use the embedding option if possible. Too many or very large MP4 files can slow down the loading time when entering the Space Viewer.